Hon'ble Chief Minister
Hon'ble IT Minister
T-Fiber aims to connect every household, government institution and private enterprise across the rural part of the state through optical fiber and provide them with high speed internet connectivity
Government of Telangana is taking big leaps to build and leverage the broadband infrastructure under BharatNet project. It is in this context that Telangana Government has initiated T-Fiber to provide broadband connectivity up to the household level and reap its benefits. The State Government has created a separate entity by the name Telangana Fiber Grid Corporation Ltd. for roll-out of optic fiber and network infrastructure across the state. T-Fiber shall provide fiber to the Home / Enterprise connectivity to over 47+ lakh households and 1+ lakh public & private enterprises, offices, institutions, etc. in Telangana. End-to-end fiber network shall be deployed across 10 Zones (31 Districts), 584 Mandal (Block), 8778 Gram Panchayats, 10,128 Villages up to the household / enterprise.
T-Fiber will leverage the infrastructure such as RoW, trenching and ducting created under the prestigious Mission Bhagiratha. The Optical Fiber Cables will be deployed along water pipeline routes which have been already mapped for the entire state. In order to ensure accomplishment of objectives of T-Fiber, a layered topology for T-Fiber network architecture has been planned. The network shall be capable of delivering 4-100 Mbps to household and on-demand 20-100 Mbps to institutions and enterprises.
Such a strong IT establishment will give a strong boost to multiple economic activities including creation of employment for the youth, development of opportunities for IT export, increase in productivity through use of automation etc. Further with ever increasing number of government services moving to cyber space and internet becoming the new medium of connectivity between citizens and government, a robust IT eco-system will enable people to use these services in a seamless and hassle-free manner.
T-Fiber will provide various services to the government departments. The following are some of the services that will be provided by T-Fiber.
• High speed intranet : T-fiber will provide high speed data to connect departments internally
• High speed internet: T-fiber will provide high speed connectivity to world wide web
• Mail & messaging services: T-fiber will ensure that there is no requirement for a separate mail server
• Data centre services: Availability of cloud storage and development kits for creating and hosting applications
• Security & encryption: T-fiber will prevent from cyber attacks, ransom ware, spyware etc.
• Smart content services: T-Fiber will provide High definition content streaming services
• DNS services: T-fiber will ensure quick conversion from domain name to IP address
Following are some of the departments that are to be served by T-fiber:
• Police, Fire & Safety, Disaster management
• Healthcare, Education, Banking
• Energy, Irrigation, Agriculture
• RWS&S, HMWSSB
• Revenue, Land acquisition
• Transportation, Traffic control
• e-Education services: The literacy rate in Telangana is 67% which is much below the national average of 74.04% with rural areas further lagging behind. This is primarily because lack of easy access, teacher, infrastructure and common curricula as well as poverty and gender differentiation. These problems can be addressed through e-Education initiatives.
• e-Health services: Telemedicine can bridge the distance and can make specialty care more accessible to rural and urban Populations. It can be a valuable tool in providing post discharge care to the patients who cannot ambulate and for the patients who stay abroad. It can be an excellent platform for isolated or rural health practitioners for continuing education or training and improving their skills. It can help avoid most of the costs borne by the patients in travel, diagnosis, delay in treatment and other emergency conditions.
• e-Agriculture services: The latest development in the field of agriculture is e-Agriculture which can play a vital role in uplifting the agricultural community by providing technology and information enablers that enhance farm productivity and lead to increased income levels of farmers. ICT mechanisms can serve as a cost-effective mechanism for providing information at the click of a button for farmers.
• e-Banking services: In recent years, the rural Population of India has also seen an increase in banking penetration but there still remains a need for further improvement. The banks face operational challenges in rural setup such as issues of cash management, security aspects, low volumes of transactions etc. which makes viability of rural banking a difficult undertaking.
Usher in digital democracy through affordable & reliable high-speed broadband connectivity to
every household, government and private institution in Telangana
At the inauguration of World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT), Hon’ble Union Minister for Electronics……Read More
Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Electronics & IT along with KT Rama Rao, IT……Read More
The Telangana government will be demonstrating the benefits of Telangana Fiber Grid (T-Fiber) project for……Read More
The Telangana government on 19th Feburary 2018 demonstrated the high-speed optical fibre connectivity project T-Fiber……Read More
Hyderabad: Telangana Fiber Grid programme is all set to a get a fresh boost with……Read More
HYDERABAD: The Telangana government has decided to establish T-Fiber as a private limited company under……Read More
Minister for Municipal Administration and Urban Development K.T.Rama Rao stressed that the water pipelines of……Read More
Telangana Fiber Grid (T-Fiber) project, aimed at providing Internet connection to every household in Telangana,……Read More
Hyderabad: The technology demonstration network of Telangana Fiber Grid (T-Fiber) project with a state-of-the-art network……Read More
Sri KT Rama Rao
Hon’ble Minister for IT
Govt Of Telangana
Sri Jayesh Ranjan, IAS
Principal Secretary, Dept of ITE&C
Govt Of Telangana
Sri Sujai Karampuri
Director (Electronics),Dept of ITE&C
Govt Of Telangana
Sri Surender Reddy
Chief Engineer RWS&S
Govt Of Telangana